The Planning Commission for the City of Gardner, Kansas is a citizen body that reviews development proposals for compliance with the City's adopted plans and development policies, receives reports from City staff, conducts public hearings, and makes recommendations to the City Council in the following areas:
- Long range plans and land use maps for the City
- Plats and development plans proposed for property within the City
- Zoning and rezoning of property within the City
- Special Uses and Conditional Uses proposed for property within the City
- Regulations governing subdivisions of land
- Zoning Ordinance regulations
Regular meetings are conducted once a month in the Council Chambers at City Hall on the fourth Tuesday of each month. The meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.
Planning Commission Agendas and Minutes
Planning Commission Members
The Commission consists of seven members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Members serve without compensation for three-year terms. Newly appointed members will complete the initial terms of the open positions they are appointed to fill.
|Tory Roberts, Chairman||2012||2015|
|Jason Burnett, Vice-Chairman||2010||2013|
To contact the Planning Commission, call the Community Development Department at 913-856-0913.