Mayor's Presentation 6-18-09
On June 18th, 2009, Mayor presented the following information on the history of the intermodal project before the City Council began discussion on the agreements to continue working with BNSF and The Allen Group or whether or not they would move toward deannexation of the project.
Agreements for Logistics Hub KC between the City of Gardner, BNSF, The Allen Group and Johnson County
The following agreements were approved by the Gardner City Council on September 15, 2008. To date, these agreements have not been excuted.
- Intermodal Project Agreement
- Intermodal Public Infrastructure Financing Agreement
- Intermodal Annexation Agreement
BNSF River of Trade Presentation 4-11-06
BNSF Rail Operations Presentation 4-25-06
- Railroad Operations
- Federal Rail Administration Horn Rule Principles
- Quiet Zones
- Quiet Zones -2
Train Operations Information Provided by BNSF
- This information makes reference to some of the above links as well as others.
Economic Benefits Information 5-16-06
- BNSF Economic Impact Presentation
- Southwest Johnson County Economic Development Impact Overview
- Smartport of Kansas City Presentation on Logistics Parks
Edgerton Presentation to the Committee 6-13-06
Facilities and Other Related Links
The following link provides an overview of the entire Alliance, Texas area driven primarily by the development of the BNSF intermodal facility. Just down the road from this facility is the Texas Speedway, Cabela's and an array of other national retailers. Directly to the east of the intermodal facility are a number of concrete tilt up distribution facilities that all have a common facade. Not far to the west of the intermodal facility brand new homes being built within close range of the facility.
- City of Winter Haven, FL (between Orlando and St, Pete) is also dealing with a proposed ILC park by CSX. Some info provided off of the city’s home page.
This link is to the BNSF website on intermodal facilities and their functions for the company.
Details the potential of an intermodal site located near Gardner.
BNSF intermodal network is ultimately connected to the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach where the largest amount of product comes into this country from the Pacific Rim. The railroad tracks running through Gardner are part of the BNSF main line - essentially their interstate - connected to the ports out West.
Government Service Provisions
Intermodal Review Committee Report 7-10-06
- Intermodal Review Committee Report -- Presented to the Gardner City Council and Planning Commission on July 10th, 2006. This report serves as a guide to the Gardner City Council at the time BNSF would request annexation into the City of Gardner. This is anticpated in the fourth quarter of 2006.
Johnson County Transportation Plans
Johnson County Infrastructure and Transpiration Website
- Discusses the Comprehensive Aertial Road Network Plan, or CARNP. CARNP is a roadway plan designed to maximizes the use of existing arterials for future County transportation system improvements.
- CARNP--Comprehensive Aertial Road Network Plan for Johnson County
Maps of the Proposed Location
Public Forum on Logistics and Intermodal Park 6-6-06
- Display Boards from the Public Forum
- BNSF Renderings of the Proposed Facility
Transportation and Land Use Presentation 5-9-06
- Presentation by HDR on Traffic Study on behalf of BNSF
- Transportation Study for Proposed Gardner Intermodal, Provided by HDR on behalf of BNSF
- Traffic Analysis Map for Proposed Gardner Intermodal
- City of Gardner Presentation on Land Development and Transportation
- Kansas Department of Transportation Truck Traffic Map